Pages

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

25 Days of Romcoms pt. 9: Overboard


It's been a crazy long time since I've seen this movie, but it was a lot of fun to rewatch. Yeah, it's CRAZY problematic (which is putting it lightly), but still. Goldie Hawn is hilarious and Kurt Russell is dreamy. Just teach your kids to not trick people into being their spouses when they have amnesia so you can get back at them for a job they didn't pay you for. 

I should have been writing this as I watched it, but I was too busy watching results from Alabama's senate election come in. Thanks for not electing a pedophile, Alabama!

The weirdest things for me were the fact that Dean starts to fall in love with Joanna after he sees how clean and organized his house is thanks to her and Joanna responds to blatant misogyny by spraying everyone with a hose rather than kicking someone in the balls and leaving forever. I'm sure he'll treat her better now that he loves her, cause you definitely don't need to be nice to women you don't care about.

But really, this movie still gave us some fantastic moments.

"I just -- ate a bug!"



I really do love her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment