Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

25 Days of Romcoms pt. 11: You've Got Mail


This is definitely my favorite Norah Ephron movie, and that's saying a lot. The woman was responsible for Mixed Nuts for crying out loud! And we're finally getting into the thick of movies that I own. I think from here on out I only don't own two of them, which is weird because I love those two movies. Like I love this one. F-O-X.

You want to know what else I love? This soundtrack. I liked listening to it when I was in high school and pretending I was in my late 30s and successful. What constitutes late 30s anyway? 36? 37? Cause I only have 6 or 7 years until that happens. Ugh, not even that long! I'm almost 31! Sigh... 

Back to the movie. What's with Rose from the grocery store? She melts when Joe Fox tells her a knock knock joke? Come on. 

Apart from that, you know what this movie is? It's downright charming. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks are freaking adorable and two people have never been more pleasant on screen. (Of course, only one of those people has been allowed to continue to be adorable. Hollywood is not kind to women women over 40.) Part of Meg Ryan's charm is her wardrobe. This movie is probably the reason I love cardigans so much. 

Watching this (and thinking of Mixed Nuts) makes me miss Parker Posey. "Where are my tic tacs?!" is one of my favorite things to shout. 

Sigh... (happy sigh this time, not like the one when I started this post). Seriously, this movie is just so, so cute. I may have rated this one too low. The main problem I had when making the list was I hadn't seen some of the movies in years and had forgotten just how great they are! Though I still stand by my top four (which may or may not be coming in time for Christmas. I'm trying - I really am!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment