Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

25 Days of Romcoms pt. 10: Easy A


I love this movie, but it shouldn't be on my romcoms list. It's not a romcom. It's a comedy where a girl talks to her crush a couple of times. But I still like it. Even though it's TOTALLY not believable. Forget for a moment that everyone in this movie is in their mid-20s. What high school is like this one? I mean, I went to Mormontown High and to the best of my knowledge, people didn't care when others had sex. Or maybe that was just me. In any case, I can't imagine students in a southern California high school in 2010 would care. I also want to know what gay kids stopped being bullied en masse. Does that still go on? Even in liberal places like southern California? Did it happen in my high school? I had gay friends but I don't remember them being bullied. Though, maybe that was just me again. Maybe I really was in a thick little Daria bubble.  

In any case, whoever wrote this movie thought high schoolers in 2010 really hated gay kids and girls who had sex and made a movie about it. Not a romantic comedy, a comedy with 45 seconds of romance. I would be tempted to hit the redo button on this one, but I'm already 3 days behind and the two weekends between now and Christmas are chock full of travel, so I will have zero time to make this up, let alone the three I'm behind on plus the 6 I'll get behind on over the weekends. Good thing I'm only working half a day tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment