Pages

Monday, December 18, 2017

25 Days of Romcoms pt. 17: Joe vs. the Volcano


This might be the movie I was most excited to watch again. It's the first movie Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan made together and it is definitely the superior Hanks/Ryan film. It apparently didn't do well in the theaters when it first came out which is a travesty. It's hilarious. Meg Ryan plays three different characters and Tom Hanks plays probably my favorite character he's ever played. It also has one of the best soundtracks on my list of romcoms.

There's nothing about this movie I don't like. Maybe if they made it now I might be upset about the white people playing Pacific Islanders, but I'm not as bleeding heart as some might believe. Plus, the fake island has Roman influences, so maybe some of them are still white.

BUT it is hilarious. Do yourself a favor and watch this profoundly underrated gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment