1. David Cameron - I immediately thought "James Cameron" and wondered what shallow moron would nominate him. Then I remembered that David Cameron is the Prime Minister of the UK and not the director of Avatar.
2. Lady Gaga - Again, I wondered what shallow moron would nominate her. There was no follow up to that.
3. Glenn Beck - Really?
4. Hu Jintao - Awesome. Let's give recognition to the leader of the country with one of the worst human rights records in the world. The man responsible for ethnic cleansing. The man responsible for exploitation. The man responsible for the steady disappearance of the many beautiful minority cultures, religions, and languages. But hey, China's economy is growing quickly so that must trump everything else.
5. LeBron James - He plays basketball and... what else?
6. Hamid Karzai - Cause we all know the good he's doing for Afghanistan...
7. Sarah Palin - I get that about 45 percent of Americans have a favorable view of her and she's an important political figure (as much as I hate to admit it), but what has she actually done besides endorsed a lot of candidates who probably promised to endorse her in 2012?
8. Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf - Because he wants to build a community center? A controversial one that didn't become controversial until just before the elections when politicians decided it was going to be controversial?
9. Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert - A nomination I can get behind :)
Maybe my criteria for Person of the Year is different from Time's. For example, I would say they shouldn't be evil, polarizing, taking cash from our enemies when we're pouring money into their country, or willing to wear raw meat. Ideally, the Person of the Year should accomplish some pretty awesome stuff. But that's just me.