Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2017

25 Days of Romcoms pt. 21: Amelie


Okay, I lied. Amelie actually has the best soundtrack out of these movies. I listen to the music from this movie when I'm calm and happy or need to be calm and happy. Does the trick every time.

I love this movie. For a while it was the movie I watched most often (I tend to go through phases) and I still just can't get enough of it. I probably relate to Amelie as a character more than any character from any movie on this romcom list. It's probably because I first saw it in high school and I was a lot more angsty in high school, but that relating never died out even though my teenage angst did. The scene where the narrator says something about shy people always having the last laugh if people in cellars whispered comebacks has always been a favorite of mine. I've needed that SO many times.


Every single moment of this movie is not only a delight but it's beautiful as well. The colors and the city and the details are all mesmerizing. A lot of it is just from Audrey Tautou's perfect face framed by her perfect hair that no one but her could pull off (though I've wanted to try plenty of times).


Really though, I was a little bit obsessed with her for a while. It's how I found the other movie I love of hers: He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not. I was really hoping The DaVinci Code would make her famous in the U.S. and she'd be in everything, but it wasn't to be. These days I only see her when I'm researching haircuts. 




 Not haircuts for me, of course. Stupid not curly hair...

No comments:

Post a Comment