Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

25 Days of Romcoms pt. 24: While You Were Sleeping


Okay, the whole "one movie a day until Christmas" thing didn't quite pan out, but I'll only be three days behind in the end, which I feel like is still a pretty big feat considering I spent both weekends leading up to Christmas out of town. Which is actually where I watched While You Were Sleeping.

Last Thursday I traveled to Moab with four friends. The drive was only supposed to take a few hours, but there was snow further south that hampered our timeline and we may or may not have gotten distracted and driven an hour out of our way. When we got into Moab, there was about 10 inches of snow on the ground and not all of the roads were plowed. It was dark and took a while to find our Airbnb. Once we did find it, we were all pretty tired and didn't want to do much other than relax on the couches. One friend turned on Netflix and told me to find a movie. Now, this friend doesn't really watch movies. I was well aware of this and had it in the back of my mind that I should pick a bit of a crowd pleaser. Something that no one would be able to protest to very much. Something anyone could half watch and be mildly entertained by.

This movie apparently does not fit that description.

Which is crazy. This movie is hilarious and so, so cute. Yeah, they meet and get engaged within a week or two, and yeah, she spends that week or two lying to a family of strangers, but the mashed potatoes were so creamy!

No comments:

Post a Comment