Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2017

25 Days of Romcoms pt. 13: Bridget Jones's Diary


This is still the superior Bridget Jones movie but they're both so good. Notice I didn't say all. They're not all so good. 

My favorite thing about this movie is continually noticing all of the things the Clean Flicks version left out. I've been watching the soul-degrading R raged version for years and I still get a kick out Bridget referring to Mr. Fitzherbert as Mr. Titspervert and telling the audience that she might turn into Glen Close in Fatal Attraction. Apparently the imagery of wild dogs eating her face is okay, but simply saying the name of a movie where the main character tries to murder people. 

Side note - I always thought Glen Close cut Michael Douglas's dick off. The only things I know about that movie are 1. she gets shot in the end and 2. per Sleepless in Seattle: "It scared the shit out of me, it scared the shit out of every man in America!" 12 year old me asked herself what was scary enough to do that to every single man? Had to be his penis. I only found out just now that's not what happens. I guess my assumption turned into an actual fact in my head until I decided to look the plot up on Wikipedia to make sure I was write before writing anything. I was not right. Turns out that movie is a lot more tame than I thought. 

The movie is over and I need to think of something to say to bring it back around. I love Darcy. Fitzwilliam, Mark, whatever. I love him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment