Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

Moving Home and the Stork(s)

Living in Orem again is quite the experience. It's been about 2 years since I've lived here and things are pretty different from the summer of 2006. Summer '06 was an absolute blast. I had an amazing job that was super flexible with a fantastic boss, I had good friends no more than half an hour away, I'd take random trips to Wyoming and San Diego, and hanging out with my sister and her then boyfriend (now husband) and their friends was always a blast.
Not that this summer won't be fun... it's just different. I'm still looking for a job and whatever it turns out to be will be working on the phones and probably not so flexible. I have friends from high school in the area but we don't hang out all that often anymore and all my college friends are either dispersed throughout the state for the summer, working in Kemmerer, Wyoming, or serving missions for the LDS church. Thus, I may take one trip to Wyoming for July 4th but otherwise it's Utah Valley. My sister and her husband are living in my parent's basement apartment and I'm liking that part a lot. I really foresee them keeping me sane this summer. So, I'm thinking this summer will be more like 2005 when I wanted to shoot myself in the knee cap every day while working at Convergys rather than 2006 which was easily the best summer of my life.
Moving on. Today is my big brother's birthday! He's finally 30 and I could not be more weirded out. Yes, he's always been 9 years older than me but it's still weird. He and his wife Leith are expecting their first baby, Tamsine Jane (?) Christensen, next month and I'm crazy excited. It also totally weirds me out that he's going to be a dad.
Speaking of expecting, my sister Sara and her husband Jacob are also getting ready for a baby in November. They don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet but either way it will be named after a male singer/songwriter. Elliott after Elliott Smith if it's a boy and Dylan after Bob Dylan if it's a girl. My other sister Cecily is pretty baby hungry as well but her husband Mike is a bit more hesitant. I say they should totally get pregnant now that they probably aren't moving to China. Not only did all three of my siblings get married within a year of each other, but they're all pretty close together age wise so it makes sense that the three of them should pop kids out one right after the other. But we'll just have to see I suppose. I feel sorry for my kids - there's going to be a bit of a generational gap between them and their cousins. Maybe if we're lucky my oldest kids will be the same ages as my siblings' youngest kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment