Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Future Plans as of Now

So up until the end of this last semester-ish I've been pretty adamant about working for a nongovernmental organization of some kind doing development work. To do this I was planning on studying economic development or international economics or something along those lines. Now however, my ambitions have changed somewhat. Call me a sell-out (cause I kind of have) but I think I want to work for a multinational corporation in corporate social responsibility. To do that I'm thinking about getting an MBA that is specific in CSR. So far I've only found a few programs like this since it's such a new field but I found what looks like a pretty sweet program at Nottingham University in England. By the by, how cool would it be to live in England for a while? But it's just weird to me because I used to hear a dirty word when someone said 'multinational corporation.' With some specific corporations I still hear a dirty word but in general I now more think of the endless possibilities for sustainability, human rights, education, and economic development. And honestly, how awesome would it be to work with huge amounts of funds that MNCs have as opposed to being made to deal with the funding of a fickle Congress. So yeah. This should prove to be interesting. But fun. I've been thinking about this for a little while and I am just crazy excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment