Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

The Most Anticipated Film of 2014

There are plenty of movies I am truly excited for this year. Winter Soldier, GodzillaGuardians of the GalaxyMockingjay... 

But nothing, not even watching badass ladies kicking butt on the big screen in at least three of those films, is getting me more excited than this:


Sorry for the quality of this video, but it really is the best promo/introduction to the show I could find. It's the Comic-Con promo for season 2 and just sums up the show so perfectly.


That's right, folks. Kristen Bell et al. are at it again.


This is one of my favorite scenes from the show and it just goes to show you how freaking awesome Veronica Mars is. Both the character and the show. 

So let me brief you on this little gem in case you haven't had the good fortune to come across one of my all time favorite TV shows. Veronica Mars is the story of the teenage girl I wanted to be. She's sarcastic, witty, harsh, lovable, and all sorts of crazy smart. High school student by day, private investigator by night. She solves all sorts of mysteries from dog napping to murders and it's freaking amazing. 

Veronica Mars was tragically cancelled before its time. Season three ended with her freshman year of college and season four was supposed to pick up with her several years later fresh out of Quantico. You can watch what they made here: 


and here: 


Sigh... what could have been. An FBI show with Veronica Mars? Who would say no to that?! (I'm looking at you, WB/CW/whatever it was in 2007)

Anyway, for years the stars and creators of the show wanted to do a movie and for years Warner Brother's turned them down. Finally, an agreement was reached. From what I understand, creator Rob Thomas took the idea to do a Kickstarter campaign to Warner Brother's because they wouldn't give him the money to make a movie. They told him if he raised the money, they would promote the film. The goal was $2 million and they raised that within the first day (aided by yours truly). Total came to about $5.7 million.

They filmed, they gave out t-shirts, then there was the first footage at Comic-Con. Being in geek Mecca was exciting enough, but to be there in Hall H with the rest of the cast... it was pure magic. 


DID YOU CATCH THE BUFFY JOKE THEY THREW IN THERE?! 

And then they came out with an actual trailer. 


And then they listed where the movie would be shown. Only a select few AMC theaters were chosen, and the one AMC theater in Utah was on the list. Then there was a big mix up and the AMC theater wasn't showing the movie and a bunch of angry Utah fans (including yours truly) borderline trolled AMC's twitter and later that day I purchased my ticket. Don't underestimate the power of angry fans on twitter.

I am currently re-watching the series and I have about as many episodes left to watch as I have days left to watch them. If you haven't watched it yet, it's streaming on Amazon Prime or you can borrow the DVDs from me. I still don't have the third season because it wasn't my favorite, but I'll have to buy it now with a movie continuing the story so I'll have it for you shortly.

The anticipation is mounting. Will Veronica get back into the PI business? Will she dump the lovable and steady Piz for the passionate and unstable Logan? Will she realize that solving crimes is what she was meant to do and pursue a spot at Quantico and make my season four dreams come true?

Only three more weeks until I find out.

P.S. I never could get enough of Dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment