Pages

Friday, July 13, 2007

Various July Activies

Another month is almost half way through and that means that school is drawing ever closer. But let us dwell on happier things. Or more amusing at least.
First of all let me tell you about my "I-think-it-may-have-been-a-date" with my friend's roommate. Tuesday we went wake boarding and everyone was staying on the lake till dark. I didn't want to stay that long so I was planning on leaving early and my friend's roommate asked if he could get a ride because he needed to be back at his apartment by 8. So we're driving from Newton to Logan and I had Wincing the Night Away by the Shins playing. I heard him doing that delay hum people do when they are pretending to know the song playing. I had a guess as to what he was up to so I asked him if he knew who The Shins were. He said he didn't know them by name, but if these guys were The Shins, he'd heard a lot of their stuff. Which is oddly strange since you kind of have to know The Shins by name to hear a lot of their stuff. They aren't the most well-known band (although they're for sure in my favorite 3). To shorten the story a bit I'll just give you the gist of the dialog. "Aren't these the guys that sing Message in a Bottle?" "I don't think so..." He then started singing Sting's Message in a Bottle. "Nope, that's Sting." Honestly! Even if you don't know who The Shins OR Sting are, it's practically impossible to get them mixed up! Anyway, coming back into Logan he asked if I wanted to go to Quizno's really quickly - his treat. I thought sure, free food, why not. But then he acted as if it was a date. Opening the door, asking me about myself, trying to make me laugh, talking himself up... it was kind of interesting. I asked a friend about it later that night and he said, "yep. I'm pretty sure that kid snuck in a date." I feel used.
Last Saturday I went tubing down the canal up Logan Canyon with some friends. It was the first time I had been down that one and as I sat down in my tube at the beginning I flipped over backwards, hit the back of my head against the rocks at the bottom, and did a complete backwards somersault in the water. But not all the way in since it's about 2 1/2 feet deep. But the rest was amazingly fun. We're going again this Saturday and a few more guys are coming with us. I'm pretty excited about them coming cause they are freakin hilarious. I've been hanging out with them lately and they always make for good times.
Other activities... still looking for a job which sucks a pickle. Trying to remember to do my church calling (Second Counselor in the Relief Society - totally unprepared for that). And wasting my days away reading Lord of the Rings and trying to decide what to do with my life. When I worked 30 hours a week I enjoyed being bored but now that I don't work at all... I'm ready for a change. Maybe that's why I died my hair burgundy last night. Oh. I also saw the midnight showing of Harry Potter. I went with a group of 23 I think but only sat with 3 others in the second row. Those who got there before us didn't do a good job of saving seats. Before the movie started this kid from the USU Bookstore was having us play a Harry Potter trivia question game and my friend and I were about ready to shoot him in the leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment