Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

It's about that time...

...for another fictional crushes post!

I feel weird writing this post right now because I'm at a point in my life where my thought process is along the lines of, "men schmen!" That being said, I'm still a fangirl and I still have a thing for men who don't actually exist. Here's my current batch.

Ben Wyatt (Parks and Rec)


I think the reason I wanted to do this particular post is because I miss Parks and Rec. If I hadn't just rewatched the entire series (except season one, of course) a few months ago, I'd do that now.

But oh, Ben Wyatt. He just seems like the kind of guy you could sit down with and have an intelligent conversation about anything. Plus his love of things like Game of Thrones, Batman, and Star Wars make me happy.

I'm sure it helps that I kind of have a crush on Adam Scott.

Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)


Always and forever. Before you roll your eyes and say, "of course she likes bad boys - she's a woman," just know that I don't like bad boys. At all. I don't know why I love Spike so much, but I do. He's gruff, sometimes sweet, a killer, a lover, a (terrible) poet, funny, and loyal. Several of those adjectives are not even a little bit appealing to me, but there it is. Something about his combat boots and leather trench coat just make me smile. 

Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)


I have more of a crush on book Jon than show Jon, but that's probably because in the book we get to hear his thoughts, whereas in the show he barely talks and the only real way to know what he's thinking is to read the books. Even so, Kit Harington is not at all displeasing to look at. 

As I've said, I don't know how likely it is that my love of this story will continue if Jon dies. He's the underdog you want to win everything and be the happiest person that there ever was. He's a long way from either of those things, but still. You can't help but love Jon Snow. 

Plus that little *ahem* cave scene in book/season 3... We'll just say that bumped him up a few spots on my list. 

Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones)


Current lady crush right here. These gifs alone should make you all sorts of intrigued. That man she ordered her dragon to burn was a very bad man, by the way. 

While Dany wasn't my favorite character towards the beginning of the first book, she soon grew so much and became so awesome that it was impossible not to love her. She starts out with nothing but a terrible brother who she was terrified of and becomes the strongest character in the series (in my opinion). She goes conquering from city to city while freeing slaves and telling her men not to rape or harm innocent people. Her thoughts are with her people and she is one of the best leaders I've ever read. This girl is the bee's knees. 

Tyrion Lannister (Game of Thrones)


Last GOT character, I promise. I'm just fully immersed in the world of Westeros right now. 

Peter Dinklage is quite a bit more attractive than the way Tyrion is described in the books, but you don't get as much of a sense of how crazy smart and cunning he is in the show. Cause really, this man thinks of everything. The man is a genius, has a great military mind, and knows how to play the game to get a lot of what he wants (his stupid father Tywin is the main one that screws the pooch for him). He's loving to those he cares about (a complete romantic, if you ask me), and respectful of those who show him the same curtsey. Still holding out for him to be Lord of Casterly Rock, but I've got a feeling that's not likely to happen. 

Nick Miller (New Girl)


The jump from Tyrrion Lannister to Nick Miller probably couldn't have been bigger. 

Nick embodies a lot of what I hate in a man in real life. He's lazy, unmotivated, has no idea where he's going in life, grumpy, emotionally closed off... But what are TV shows for if not to take us out of ourselves for a while? 

Despite all these flaws, Nick Miller is one of the funniest characters on television right now. Just flat out hilarious. This is mostly why I want to suck his face. 

Will Graham (Hannibal)


This is a little weird since for the most part he's both emotionally unavailable and unstable, but it is what it is and I'm just rolling with it. He's a super interesting character and that coupled with Hugh Dancy's face is apparently enough for me to develop a crush. I guess after Dexter, Walter White, Don Draper (not to mention Hannibal himself)... it's fun to see someone who has the potential to be a sociopath fight that off with everything he's got. And really, of the two main men I could potentially develop a crush on in this show, wouldn't you rather it be Will Graham than Hannibal Lecter?

No comments:

Post a Comment